The New York commission that governs cannabis recently released draft regulations for the first round of conditional licenses in the state. This move ushers in the first step towards broader statewide licensing.
To help the business community answer lingering questions while harnessing the excitement, NY Cannabis Insider, the state’s only cannabis business trade journal and events group, is hosting one of the year’s biggest can’t-miss conference and networking event.
NY Cannabis Insider Live! presented by Longview Strategic is Thursday, March 31, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The half-day, virtual conference will be held on the Remo interactive event platform. Purchase tickets here.
The event boasts not only some of the biggest power players in the cannabis space, but it also attracts many of the industry’s leading professional service companies facilitating table discussions on the virtual networking floor.
The complete lineup of speakers and panels:
Banking Solutions for Cannabis Businesses
Louis Beierle, Head of Finance at LeafLink, a wholesale cannabis marketplace that helps those in the cannabis industry manage and grow their business.
Emily Leander, Founding Partner and Director of Sales at Greenwrap Insurance Services, who believes that bringing the cannabis community together offers a new opportunity for better coverage and pricing opportunities by forming strong carrier relationships.
Peter Su, SVP National Relationship Manager at Green Check Verified, who has grown a de novo cannabis banking program from the ground up.
Identifying and Securing Capital for Your Cannabis Business
Christine De La Rosa, Managing Partner at The People’s Group, which helps underrepresented founders in the cannabis industry get the capital they need to launch new businesses, along with the mentorship they need to see them succeed.
Charles Johnson, Co-Founder and CEO of LeafSpotz, an African American B2B cannabis transportation and logistics software company in New York.
Lauren Rudick, Partner at Hiller PC and co-founder of the firm’s cannabis law practice. Lauren has become one of the nation’s preeminent attorneys providing legal services to cannabis industry players in the “Green Rush.”
You’re Community Opted-Out – What Can You Do to Change It?
Ellie Siegal, CEO of Longview Strategic, which offers strategic advice, project management, technical writing, and resource acquisition services to entities engaging in the turbulent cannabis space.
Mark Byassee, Co-Founder of FingerLakes Cannabis Company who has experience changing public opinion around cannabis at the local level, and who successfully flipped his community vote from opt-out to opt-in status.
Understanding Native American Cannabis Operations
Chenae Bullock, Managing Director of Little Beach Harvest, a cannabis business wholly owned by the Shinnecock Nation. She is the founder and owner of Moskehtu Consulting, which is an Indigenous-owned and operated cultural and heritage preservation firm.
Matt Leonardo, Principal at Hinman Straub, which represents a broad range of cannabis clients from microlicensees to retail to labs to Indigenous nations, including the Seneca Nation.
Mary Jane Oatman, Founder of the Indigenous Cannabis Coalition, which provides education and outreach to tribal communities and supports the preservation and protection of Indigenous plant medicines, homelands, and stories.
NY Cannabis Insider Event Sponsors
Sponsors and partners for NY Cannabis Insider Live! events are the businesses shaping the industry locally and regionally. Look for them on the virtual networking floor for advice and help with your cannabis business.
· Longview Strategic, the conference’s presenting sponsor, provides advisory services and industry insights to public, private and not-for-profit entities throughout the country. With years of active experience, they have been able to provide top-quality counsel, secure hallmark resources and connections, and contribute writing services for client projects and developments.
· Bowers & Company CPAs can help new and existing businesses understand the complicated and growing cannabis and hemp industry. Their team has also worked with existing medical license holders in New York State.
· Cannabis Facility Construction, a division of Mosaic Construction, is a national industry leader in full-service cannabis facility design-build.
· Greenwrap Insurance Services (#BR-1658463) is counted on by hemp and marijuana businesses for protection against their biggest threats. Serving North America, the Caribbean, Europe and sectors of Latin America, their seed-to-sale insurance capabilities offer a wide range of customizable coverage options.
· StaffBuffalo is proud to offer cannabis industry staffing solutions for CBD, medical marijuana, and hemp employers. From general labor, CBD specialists, laboratory, operations, accounting, finance, HR, and support roles, StaffBuffalo can do it all.
· Local 338 represents workers in several different workforces and industries. Their members have a variety of different roles and responsibilities and, as a result, bring their own unique set of skills to each job.
While sponsorship for this event is sold out, we are now soliciting sponsors for our in-person conference on May 20th in the Capital Region. Contact Lindsay Marlenga, senior marketing director, for more information.